Welcome to my stop on the Oh Sew Kat blog tour! Being on a doll clothes tour was a new and fun experience for me. A big thank you goes to Lo at Seams Sew Lo for hosting! My model loves everything I sew for her and was very excited for new outfits. From the list of patterns, I chose the Bloomer Buddies which is a two piece set. There are different dress lengths and three different bloomer lengths to choose from. So many options on this one, so I’m glad I had time to sew up two of them. The pattern is very professionally made with extensive directions so even the newest of seamstresses can sew Oh Sew Kat patterns. I started sewing doll clothes when I was about 8 years old, so have decades of experience, but I used the directions to get the desired results for Oh Sew Kat. I thoroughly enjoyed this pattern, choosing to make Kaia the top and medium length bloomers for Easter with Velcro closure as listed in the pattern. It turned out pretty cute. The butterflies are sparkly on this fabric. I don’t know if you can tell in the pictures.
With so many options, I had to make another dress. I chose to sew a sleeveless sun dress for summer. This adorable fabric is from a Hawaiian style shirt I made for my son when he was a toddler (he’s 17 now)! This time I opted for a solid color bodice but thought it needed some type of embellishment when it was done.
I settled on an orange molded fish that I glued on with Gem-Tac. Despite me telling her she couldn’t get in the pool without her swimsuit, Kaia jumped in and got her dress wet. Thankfully we were just about done with the photo shoot! You can see that I put KAM snaps on this dress since I’ve been wanting to try them on doll clothes. They worked great so I may do more this way.
- January 15th: Seams Sew Lo (Intro)
- January 16th: Seams Sew Lo
- January 17th: Kathy’s Kwilts and More
- January 18th: Sew Haute Blog
- January 19th: Seams Like Style
- January 22nd: Elli & Nels
- January 23rd: Quilts by Joanne
- January 24th: Granma Texas Sews
- January 25th: Stitched by Jennie
- January 26th: Sewing with D
- January 29th: Our Play Place
- January 30th: Cross Stitches Custom Clothing
- January 31st: Hazelnut Handmade
- February 1st: Dear Daydream
Do not forget to enter the Giveaway!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway