Happy New Year! (a little late) lol It’s been a while since I’ve written a post or done much sewing because we were away for almost a month over the holidays. When Kennis of Itch-to-stitch posted a testing call, I was so ready to sew!
Sabalito is a woven layering piece that I wasn’t sure would be my style. But…I’m not very good at being in style on my own, so I trusted Kennis that I would love this top as much as the rest of her patterns. With almost all of my woven fabric packed up and moved, I ventured out to Hobby Lobby to see if anything would do. I found this lovely floral by Michael Miller Fabrics that ended up being just right for my Sabalito.
I sewed my usual size 2 A cup, shortening the bodice and the lower bodice for my height. The pattern is easy to sew with wonderful instructions. Even the trickiest part (the tie) was not hard to do.
My beautiful custom necklace was the wrong length for this outfit. But I didn’t want to re-do pictures; the most difficult part of pattern testing for me.
Some features of Sabalito Top:
- Options for A, B, C, D and DD cups
- C, D and DD cups with bust darts for better bust fit
- Three-quarter length dolman sleeves
- Deep V neck with overlapped front
- Interesting front tied accent
- Relaxed fit bodice with a wide bottom at the high hip
- Layers feature (print only the sizes you need)
- sizes 00-20
On sale until February 8, 2020.
Thanks for stopping by! XO